The Museum of Southwestern Biology is ready for a new look!
... and we want your help!
Announcing the Museum of Southwestern Biology Graphic Contest!
The MSB is seeking entries for a new graphic that will represent the entire museum.
The winner will get to see their work on MSB swag plus receive a $100 gift card!
A Little About Us
The Museum of Southwestern Biology (MSB) is located on the University of New Mexico campus and is one of the finest university-based natural history museums nationwide. We have trained students and conducted original research of national and international significance on the systematics, ecology, and life history of plants, invertebrates, and vertebrates for more than 50 years. MSB serves the national and international scientific community by providing an extensive informatics resource on biodiversity.
This contest is open to everyone.
All designs must be original artwork by the person submitting the entry. Do not use clipart or other imagery found online.
The winning design will be used at various sizes and on various media, including the web, posters, signs, and t-shirts. Please keep that in mind when considering the level of detail and number of colors in your design.
All entries should be received by April 28, at midnight. Though we reserve the right to extend the contest period if needed.
How To Submit Your Design
Submissions should be emailed as low or medium resolution jpeg files to email@example.com. Higher resolution files will be requested if the design is chosen as a finalist.
When submitting your design, please also include your name, phone number, and an optional short explanation of your design.
If submitting more than one design, submit them in separate emails.
How the Final Design Will Be Chosen
Finalists will be selected from among all submissions by a committee of MSB associates within 2 weeks of the contest end-date. If your design is selected, you will be notified during that time. You will not be notified if your design is not selected.
Some Fine Print
- The Selection Committee reserves the right to modify/adapt the finalists' designs as needed for the printing process or other purposes.
- All designs selected for the final vote will become the property of the Museum of Southwestern Biology.
- Selected designs will be voted on by the MSB community in May. Check back here for more details.
- The designer of the graphic with the most votes will receive a $100 gift card.
- The Selection Committee reserves the right to suspend the contest for any reason, including lack of entries.